Thursday, January 22, 2009

a cry for prayer

Monday was a day family will never forget. We recieved a phone call letting us know that my little brother had been in a car accident involving another car and an 18 wheeler on his way back to college station. At this moment, emotions of every kind rushed through us. I, personally, wanted to leave and go to my brother's side. No one on the scene was supposed to survive. I got a phone call from my mom letting me know the hospital kyl was at and that she was on her way to his side. I was on the phone with her as she passed the scene, only to witness my brothers truck smashed under an 18 wheeler. Sobbing is all I could hear.The prayers were lifted form all over texas from relatives and family member, church members, and old friends. Mom walked in to see my brother as a living miracle. He lived and not only did he live but he walked out with an hand injury, tendon damage, stitches and cuts on the other arm. The next day, we found out the man in the other car did not survive. Yesterday, we found out his name and read his obituary. All I could think about was, "Please God let him be a believer." Through reading he was a man of gentleness and kindness and loved the Lord with eveyrthing he had. He was loved by so many people and so many comments were made to him about how patient and wonderufl he was. They talked about how much he valued salvation and his family. He was especially close with his only daughter who is in highschool. This pains my heart, and my brother is in a state of grief and guilt and a heavy heart right now. Please pray for him as he deals with this. The enemy has no place near him. God spared his life , so that he could have a second chance. He has already decided that he lived for a reason and he will not let this second chance be wasted. I love my brother , and i cannot imagine my life without him, but for a split second I had too. Thank you Lord for sparing my baby brother's life. Please keep him in yours prayers for emotional, physical and spiritual healing, and the family who lost a dad, husband, son, and friend.

1 comment:

Sarah P. Henry said...

i am just crying right now, ashley. what a terrible story and a glorious miracle that your brother is OK. i can't imagine being your mom and seeing the scene. i am definitely praying that stays strong with the Lord and that emotions over such a trauma will not take root in his life for bad. oh, Jesus, protect him. heal this family. i'm SO sorry. how incredibly scary.