Sunday, July 20, 2008

nothing like family and a rat named "Molly"

Well, its been awhile since i have been on my blog, but not much has been up. We went to midland this weekend to see david's parents. It was nice to see them, sometimes, I feel like we don't get to see them enough. I always come back so spiritually refreshed when I have been around them. I feel so blessed to have in laws that are so invested in their kids and grandkids like the ones I have. I'm also super excited because my fmaily is coming to visit us for a whole week. It is always nice to have my family come see us. It really is alot fo fun to have your family come see your house and stay and do things at the place where you live. I really sometimes still get "home sick". SOooooo, its nice that they get to come. Well, noah is at the point now that if he doesnt get two naps a day, he is like crazy fussy... and well.... I just cant handle that :). So, he went to bed at 9:00 tongiht because he was so tired and he had no nap the past two days.

We now have a new member of our family........ kinda. Well, I have never been one for pets. I can "Stand" dogs again... kinda. But my husband as a child had rats. okay so i think of them as dirty nasty little creatures you set traps out to get out of your house. We have a teeny tiny house and my hsuband wants a big dog. Well until we have room for a big dog (which will have to be when we move into a bigger house) david really wanted a pet. So...... he went with his birthday money, and brought back some childhood dreams and bought a rat named molly. The deal was he can have it if i dont have to deal with it or entertain it! He said ok, so now I have a rat to look at :)!

2 comments:

mari said...

Good old Davey...

Anonymous said...

I agree...we don't get to see you guys often enough. I know it's difficult for a non-pet lover to have pets. Don't you just love the "getting used to living with each other" part of marriage? Love ya bunches. The other mother