Sunday, July 13, 2008

Old memories

Well, Yesterday was just a busy day! We had a baby shower in the afternoon and a wedding out of town at night. Man, with a baby that is alot. Anyway, Noah is napping and I have had some time just to think about some things, and actually lately alot of my past has come back. My very best friend from highschool, Jessie, has started talking to me and we have just been talking about the old times and trying to right the wrongs in our friendship. Ya know, God puts distance between people for a reason, but it never fails that I realize how close Jessie and I were. My love for her and her friendship will never change. One of our friends from highschool got married yesterday, and I keep hearing about all of these kids from my class (mind you I only had like 16 people in my graduating class so, we were all very close, (private school)) are just getting married or having babies. In my head, I still see us as high school kids with life consisting of just friends and fun. I realize now that we have come so far, and our friendships may not be as strong, but God is growing and maturing us all. I thought I might go back to highschool just for one day and right my wrongs and enjoy those people I might have taken for granted, but one thing is for sure, God has brought to where I am. I would not trade what I have right now for anything. I wouldn't change any decision I have ever made, because although I dont talk to most people from high school, God used each one of them for a purpose in my life. I have HIM to thank for that. I am so blessed right now. I have realized that today more than ever. I have one of the best family's. I have an absolutely amazing and loving husband, and I have a son. Words could not express how much I love him. I love my life, and I would not change one thing!

3 comments:

mwaterwall said...

There is nothing more refreshing to a mom than to hear there child say they love there life and they would not change one thing about it!! Your heart is in the right spot Ash, just continue to love God first than your husband and then your Noah!! Keep it in that order it will be hard to go wrong!! I am proud of you, I hope you know that!!

mari said...

I'm glad my lil bro makes you happy!
He better...or I'll beat him up.

Anonymous said...

I think you are wonderful..